SHIP, LTD is committed to protecting confidential information about our customers, especially the confidential nature of our customers and their students’ protected health information (PHI). We will comply with the privacy requirements of HIPAA, as well as other laws aimed at safeguarding privacy. We also have our own privacy policies and procedures in place. These are designed to protect customer privacy. We will continue to make this a priority.
As a covered entity, SHIP is fully compliant with the HIPAA Privacy Regulations. An important part of our compliance initiative includes fulfilling our obligations to enable our members/customers to exercise certain rights assured to them under the Privacy Regulations. These rights include:
- The right to have access to designated records that contain protected health information (PHI).
- The right to request an amendment to PHI contained in designated records
- The right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of PHI for treatment, payment and health care operations
- The right to appoint personal representatives.
- The right to receive confidential communications at an alternative address or location.
- The right to request a disclosure accounting.
- The right to file a complaint.
- The right to receive a Privacy notice.